Sunday, October 16, 2011

Learning to Sail

So for my 27th birthday and for graduating college my parents got me sailing lessons in Southern California, Mission Bay. It was amazing. Crazy, but amazing. I got the book the day before the class started only to find out that I had to have the whole book read by the time the class started, three pages of definitions I had to be familiar with and a pre quiz to make sure I was knowledgeable enough on the subject to take the class. The class is semester class rolled into a two day intense course, i passed the final with a 98% and flawlessly sailed through the hands on portion (pun intended). I can now Tack, Jibe, Run, sail wing on wing and the works, it was amazing. Probably going down as the best gift I've ever gotten... That and my fireman themed Big Wheel when I was 4. I am truly blessed. Here are some pics from my trip.













No comments:

Post a Comment