Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How many seasons are there!?

     This is what i'm teaching! I get to ask kids questions and get their responses, cake!

Alright so I feel I owe you an update or two. Where to begin, it's been a while.So i got to Seoul, Sat afternoon the 26th. Caught a bus to downtown (45 mins) got dropped off in front of some random building where i was instructed to catch a cab, but only a certain type of cab (not sure if i even got into a cab at all), just a random guy looked at me and said, "mister, you need ride?" So naturally we haggled over the location and price for a couple mins and then we were off again bouncing around in the back of "some dudes" car shooting up and down all kinds of back roads and sidewalks, nearly clipping peoples heels and eventually coming to an almost screeching halt out front of the Coatel Hotel. Met my roommate, went out for some coffee and to explore the city a bit and On monday started training.
    Training blew goats! that's about all there is to say about that! No, false, i think i want to talk about it after all.



I show up to Korea under the impression that i had a job, that i had not flown halfway around the world to "apply" for a job, everything up to this moment had told me nothing other than i had a job. Trust me i would not have bought a one way ticket to KOREA had i known otherwise. So i show up to training, am informed that i had to take 4 quizzes right away and that i had to pass them all in order to continue training. After that belly dropped we were told that none of us actually had the job yet and that our jobs would be dependent on how well we did in training! Seriously! No stress or anything guys! COULD NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE THE STRESS THAT UNDERWENT LAST WEEK. Mom, dont read this next part. Serriously! I smoked like a pack a day and drank roughly 8 shots of espresso a day along with coffee in a can (amazing thing i never even knew excited) and Korean redbull (hot6)... Probably took a solid year off my life just in that week.

     Alright you can read again, So training was hell, but i made it through (honestly cant say that for everyone, 3 people in all failed). Immediately afterwards i got in a van to a bus station and hopped on a bus south to make the trip to Yeosu, about 5 hours south of Seoul. I got to the Yeosu bus station and was picked up by my school director and whisked off to my hotel. Haha let me tell you, they're serious when they say Ho-tel. all the travelers refer to it as the "love-motel" and the key to my room came with a packet of lotion, a condom and body wash... Ahahahahaha life is crazy. I met some of the teachers, we went on a field trip up to Suncheon to see a play (horrible) and to go to Koreaan Wal-mart, Home Plus or something like that. i'm currently living in Ho-tel so no real point in buying groceries yet. But the good news is it cost about 2 bucks to catch the train to the next town over and only takes like 10 mins if that. Super relaxed and the train station is at the expo center, which is still under construction but looks freakin amazing!!

     All in all this has been a decent sized word vomit and i apologize for that. A lot's gone on over the last couple weeks. I got my classes yesterday and have been sitting in on the for two days now. I have one day left then the old teachers leave the country and i take over for the rest of the term. Woot woot!!!

Until next time... Peace love and applesauce (kimchi over here)

2 comments:

  1. love and miss you, glad to hear some news, xoxoxoxo Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! way to stick it to them. how are your classes going?

    ReplyDelete