Sunday, December 11, 2011

Since i got here i've drank my weight in coffee

These people are serious about their coffee, i'm teaching kindergarten in the mornings and my kids are telling me what kinds of coffee they had that day... seriously! i feel like i didn't have coffee till i was in my teens, or at least i didn't like it until then...
 
So this is where i live. Yeosu as it turns out is decent sized but spread out over the whole peninsula. All the "districts" are broken up so i live in Yeosu-dong, Dong is just who you say district but in a weird turn of events it's also how you describe my specific neighborhood as well. So if i catch a cab and want to get home, i just tell him to take me to Yeosu-dong and he knows where to take me, although in a different conversation i could be talking about Yeosu-dongs and be speaking of the different districts through out all of Yeosu... if that makes any sense.Eithe way, i'm in a dope part of town. There are all sorts of status all over and tons of ran street art, the main walk is all shopped up and i;ll try to get some better pictures to put up so you can understand what i mean a little better. I live in kind of the "hopping" part of town, most of the bars and good legit restaurants are all in my neighborhood. There is literally a coffee shop on every block. They love some coffee here like no place I've ever been, puts Seattle to shame. They also don't like it with sugar or creamer.




I've eaten some pretty awesome foods since i've been here. Lots of spices and delicous tid bits of all sorts of things.
























Rachel and Nathan came down from Suncheon over the weekend and we went down to the Expo site to check out all the new buildings and what not. Looks like it'll end up being a pretty crazy set up. really excited to be living so close to it and cant wait to see how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of the food you get to eat-ahhhhh (Jody speaking here)

    ReplyDelete