Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My life... as of now

     So as many of you might now I am getting ready to head out. I feel very blessed, I am 27 and have been to all 50 states, I've lived in Cameroon Africa, Brussels Belgium, Washington state, North Carolina, California, Louisiana, Arizona and soon Yeosu, S. Korea. I'm going to be living in a little coastal city called Yeosu, out on a peninsula surrounded by mountains. Honestly I couldn't imagine a better place to be. I've research a good bit and from what I've found i think they'll be lots of hiking and fishing and awesome sights to see.
     Yeosu is the headquarters of the 2012 World Expo and that should be pretty exciting. The focus of this years Expo is Oceanic Conservation and Environmental Sustainability, could that be any better for me? I mean, I just graduated from Appalachian State with a degree in Appropriate Technology (hippy science, renewable energy and sustainable building) and now I'll be getting to go see some cool stuff along the same lines. Not to mention Seoul is having an Expo right now on Alternative Transportation that is suppose to be pretty awesome.
     In other news, I will be going to Korea alone, for those of you who follow or might have book marked this but are not 100% in the loop. Shalee will be staying in Boone to focus on herself, her education and her baking. She wants to bring her GPA up so that she has a better chance going to a better Grad school and at the same time wants to get a second degree in "Baking" (no relation to Boone). She wants to eventually open a bakery so I cant really fault her for not coming to Korea, traveling is my dream, not hers. So on that note, i wish her the best and if you're following her blog ( http://shay3am.blogspot.com/ ) keep following it so that you can keep up to date on her adventure.
     To switch gears, all of my roommates over the last two years are living and teaching abroad. Laura (year 1) is with her BF teaching in Thailand, Lindsey (year 1) and Courtney (year 2) are teaching in Roatan, Honduras and Rachel (year 1 & 2) and her husband Nathan (year 2) are living in Suncheon, S. Korea. I wonder if that was just coincidental that god had all of us live together and then eventually take up the same line of work, for how ever brief this might be. Rachel and Nathan as is turn out are going to be about a half hour away from me and for that matter i have a couple other friends from high school that will be a few hours away. The more i travel the smaller the world gets. I feel like that's a quote from some one, somewhere... I think I will out from who.
    Alright on that note, I am going to call it quits for the night. My wine and coke is empty which means it's time for bed. I will keep everyone posted on further adventures and what happens next. Thailand, Honduras, Somewhere warmer, saltier, sandier (probably not more sand than AZ though). As a good friend of mine once tough me,
-Peace, Love and Applesauce...

No comments:

Post a Comment