Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Ever Faithful Defiance

There once was a girl that I fought to love
Nothing in the stars, it wasn't written above
Without asking permission, ignoring the Gods
Through Heaven and Hell I fought all the odds
While it ripped at my heart, my soul and my being
I knew to my core that there was higher meaning
My conscience consumed by her down to every last thought
My soul seemed to be crushing, still I fought and I fought
Taking in every moment the good and the bad
Learning from every experience before, everything that I've had
Sifting through every memory so as not to make the same mistake
But when it came down to it Love is all it would take
When the dust finally settled and she dared let me in
Broken and battered I stood there ready to begin
Cause despite all the heart ache and pain you'll endure
When you find that one that you're made for it's worth it and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment